- The Technical Director/Delegate, on appointment by AICF should submit to the Organizing Secretary a list of general and technical equipments and also a list of items containing inter-alia the draft of such material that are required to be printed viz. team championship slips, score cards, etc. to enable him to keep them in readiness well before the championship/tournament. The Technical Director/Delegate immediately on arrival at the place of the championship should personally check and take control of those items to ensure their free flow to the playing arena.
- A day before the championship he should inspect the venue, finalise the plan in consultation with Tournament Director regarding demarcation of board area, electric fittings, placement of carrom boards, Chief Referee’s desk etc. To the extent possible he should in consultation with the Organizing Secretary ensure availability of some space with at least 15 chairs exclusively for Umpires to relax, when not umpiring the matches. A separate room at the venue with adequate furniture, computers, stationery should be provided for the General Secretary, AICF and be marked as “AICF office”.
- He should inspect the standard equipments to see that they are as per prescribed specifications.
- He shall
– supervise the preparation of fixtures and schedule of matches
– establish good rapport with the Tournament Director, Organizing Secretary, Chief Referee and Media.
– keep close liaison with stadium committee.
– ensure that adequate arrangements are made for practice sessions, the timings of which he shall fix in consultation with the
Tournament Director and the Organizing Secretary.
– ensure that the results of the matches are timely prepared and given to the Media Committee for distribution among the Media
– ensure availability of appropriat number of umpires and coordinates with host Association for local umpires
– ensure timely implementation of schedule of matches.
- He shall be responsible for checking the age certificates and deciding upon the eligibility of players to participate in junior/sub-junior National Championships. Services of an authorised medical practitioner may, if required, be requisitioned in consultation with Tournament Director.
- He shall supervise the certification of strikers